Radiation Oncology of Atlanta
Cancer Questions and Answers
Williams is a specialist in all cancer types that are treated with
Radiation Therapy. In particular, he focuses his practice on
- Lung Cancer, including Stereotactic Ablative Radiation Therapy (SABR)
- Head and Neck Cancer, with the use of Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) using RapidARC VMAT therapy
- GI cancers, including Esophageal, Gastric, HepatoBiliary, Pancreatic, Colorectal and Anal.
- GYN Cancers, including uterine, cervical, vaginal and vulvar cancers, as well as recurrences following surgery.
- Prostate Cancer, utilizing prostate seed implants (brachytherapy) as well as IMRT
- Sarcomas, including implant therapy
- Breast Cancer, including breast conservation with Canadian
Hypofractionation, Multifield therapy and Accelerated Partial Breast
- Total Body Irradiation (TBI) in conjunction with the Blood and Marrow Transplant of Georgia, treating leukemia and lymphoma
- Rare tumor types
- Palliative Therapy for pain relief
- Stereotactic Radiation Therapy, including brain, spine, lung and abdomen
- Image Guided Radiation Therapy
- CT Simulation with 4-D imaging
An important part of our treatment philosophy is
providing all the information our patients will need so they will be able to know they have made
the right decision.
With this in mind, we have compiled many
of the most common questions that our patients have asked about breast
and prostate cancer. If you have any questions that are not answered in
the Q&A selections on the left side of the page, please feel free
to contact us.
Please call Radiation Oncology of Atlanta at 404-705-9192, or call Northside Hospital at 404-300-2294 if you have questions or want to schedule a consultation or follow-up appointment.